Monday, 4 May 2009

Ealing Studios






As predicted, Ealing Film Studios were amazing. I had such a fun weekend. Having never shot a video before, this had to be the ultimate first video experience. The majority of the weekend was spent being caked in the face, punched and thrown around by people dressed as animals, whilst trying my hardest to continue miming words in front of a camera. The crude picture collages show snippets of what went on. Can you spot the vintage 'Dansette' record player? And the vintage keys? Hehe. These were the property of another group moving in upstairs from us. It reminded me of my last post here!


Something felt quite good about having a chocolate eclair smushed into my face (see above). I don't know if this is wrong or right! What do you think?
On a small break, i managed to have a sneak about the place. It was much bigger than i imagined, and our studio was tiny in comparison to the monstrously huge studio 2 that i stumbled across. I'm pretty sure this is where the feature films are made. Imagine the biggest warehouse you have seen, and times it by a thousand! Sadly, when i went back to take some cheeky photo's on day two it was closed off.

Fake blood followed the cake, and this in itself was a treat. The ever so talented set designer/pink elephant Tim made two different kinds! One runny and squirty, and one thick, congealed, and not unlike how i imagine brains. The latter was easier to clean off of skin than the first!
Also, i did not end up wearing my planned outfit in the end! The director Tom cast his vote and i ended up wearing a sweet looking Reko dress with a bird/heart print!

I would love to reveal more, but i will leave it at this for now. The single is not released until October, so it is a long wait until the video is unleashed onto the internet!
I have had an amazing weekend, and made a list of things that i want to post over the next few months. This will be the last of the band orientated posts for quite a while. Video tutorials and blogging was something that crept into my list. Any suggestions on what you would like to see?
I have a ton of work to do for my impending exams this week, but will try to update as regularly as i have been!
Lots of Love!
xx







4 comments:

  1. Hiya, thanks for your sweet email. So glad you are enjoying the blog/website. I had a listen to your music and really enjoyed it. I am a huge music fan, couldnt be without it every day so I like to hear new bands. Keep up the good work!! Bye for now, kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I'm so jealous that you're in a band. I can't carry a note in the least.

    You look so pretty, even with a chocolate eclair smeared on your face. I look forward to seeing the video when it released.

    ReplyDelete