Thursday, 21 May 2009

Knitting Tutorial Number One: Casting on!

Well HELLO!

I have decided to do a couple of video tutorials about the basics on knitting, in anticipation for knitting a cardigan on tour! As i mentioned in my previous post, i did indeed knit a hat this week, pictures coming soon (as at present my creation has been misplaced).

These tutorials will be guiding the knitting novice (much like myself!) through the basic and necessary steps required to knit anything you want! They are quite crude, and are my first attempts at anything like this! It is just under 10 minutes long (i suppose pretty lengthly for Youtube!) but i have tried to omit any kind of confusion by taking things slowly!

So, in tutorial number one, we are looking at how to 'Cast on'. All you need is some yarn, and a pair of knitting needles!



Stay tuned for a post about what types of needles and yarn to use! The second knitting tutorial will also be coming very soon!

Hope you are all ok!
A big thank you to and i-loooveee-you to my man for holding the camera so still and being so patient.

Also, check out Casey's tutorial for a 50's style fake bang do! I was inspired to do my hair from this!

LOVE LOVE LOVE
xxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. This is so great! Thanks for posting it! I need to get some needles and yarn, and I'll definitely have a go.

    Also, I didn't realise you were from the UK! I'm so stupid. Whereabouts are you from?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video, I remember hating casting on when I first learnt to knit - knitting newbies, pay attention!

    x

    ReplyDelete