Thursday, 30 July 2009

Album Reviews

A little about recent band happenings.
I may spread this out a bit over the next two days.
There is a back log.


All recent endeavors have been in the name of this little beauty:


oh yeah



Our Album "OURKNIFE YOURBACK", sat proudly on the shelves of HMV and other record stores alike. Produced by Subways producer Jon Grey, and the famous Andy Gill from Gang of Four (see below)

andy gill. Photo by Andi Sapey


I cannot tell you how excited this makes me. Lame as it may sound, i used to fantasize about being in a band with an album in HMV when i was a pre-teen.

More excitingly than this, it has been well received, more than any of us could have predicted or hoped. We are but one band, on our small independent record label, and we are being reviewed alongside both massively famous well established artists, and mercury nominated breakthrough acts. If it all ended now i would still be freakin' happy.

So here are the most notable write ups to date:

Q Magazine

Q review



NME

NME review


Artrocker

artrocker review


Ok, so i may as well have just looked in a mirror and pleasured myself.. But really. I had to write this all somewhere!
On a more light hearted note, here is an interview we did a few months back for Plan B magazine:

Last ever Plan B
Plan B interview

(You may need to head to Flickr to enlarge this little beast!)


So, head here for more Brownie info and to buy merch. Yummy.
I hope you are all well. I have crafty things to share with you.
Until next time!
xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on all the recent press!

    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! I'm glad you did because it led me to yours. Now I'm going to give your band a listen.

    (Oh, and that must've been so fun playing a gig with Golden Silvers! You're right, they are funfunfun.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I've been here today!!nice blog!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad you commented on my blog because it lead me to yours and yours is fantastic! :)
    congratulations on all the press and on having your cd at HMV. my boyfriend is in a band and I remember how excited he was when their CD first got released at HMV! We snuck wine in waterbottles to the store and drank them by the stand where his cd was displayed! hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god i just have to say i love your album cover. who is the model may i ask? she's hot.

    im sorry i'll stop abusing your blog now.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete