Monday, 31 August 2009

Mademoiselle Paris

I have spent the past week designing and making something to enter into Mademoiselle Robot's competition to win tickets to Paris!

I wanted to make a playsuit, and had to enter an image that represented Parisian style.. So i thought i would combine the two!

The play suit is made with a semi-stretchy cotton.. and feels comfy enough to wear in bed at night, but also supportive enough to wear out and about!

The back and legs of the play suit are inspired by the flair that french knickers have... because they are so sexy, flattering and sweet looking!

It took a lot longer than anything else i have made.. I don't have a dress form, so i had to be my own! I also did not use any patterns, and did no pattern drafting as such. It was a kind of free-style sewing.. hehe. Hardly technical, but lets me be optimally creative. Just remembering to use the bias of the fabric is important for me.

As i mentioned in my last post, i made tons of bias tape to finish all the showing seams of the play suit, and it really brought all of the carefully arranged stripes together, and ensured it hung perfectly.

Excuse my cheesecake poses. I modeled it with daytime and nighttime looks in mind!


Paris


I cannot wait to make another one... Next time something with a Peter pan collar!

LOVE
xx

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is impressive that you made it on your own! I wish I could sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its adorable! and i can see all the work you must have put into arranging the stripes so perfectly!
    it works! it works! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is amazing, I really wanted you to be shortlisted by the Eurostar people, I think you deserved to win!
    I totally love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work girl!totally amazing!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too, too cute!!! :D I just adore this, and my hat is off to you for not using a pattern--you are amazingly talented! :D I love how versatile this design is too... Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god, AMAZING playsuit! I am obsessed with them and that one is perfection.
    Gorgeous pics xo

    ReplyDelete