Thursday, 19 November 2009

YUM

I really don't intend this to become some sort of food blog, i promise. However, i love making food. In fact, I love food full stop.

I finished some overdue uni work, and decided to treat myself to a day of festivities and cooking.

Yes, festivities.

If you ask me: November is the heavy petting before the foreplay of December, followed by the climax that is Christmas.

If you like Christmas, start now and make it last longer!
If Lee would let me, my Christmas tree would have gone up by now.

Autumn, Winter and Christmas make me want to cook loads of really gluttonous things to stuff everybody's faces with (especially my own).

For example,

Chestnut soup with bacon crumble:




chestnut soup


PEEL, CHOP, FRY, STIR, SIMMER, EAT, YUM.



chestnut soup

Done. I ate this on my lap with a glass of milk. Two days consecutively.


Second item on to-do list:
Can you guess what it is?


finished ingredients


It reminds me of the guy who lives on my fridge:

obesity monster


He would totally chow down on a slice of my...


fyum

OH YEAH.

I certainly did, as did my Monsieur, in front of (you guessed it) the X files.
We are on series 5, and until we complete series 9, and both films, my life is officially on hold.


rocky road


Does anyone want to come over for dinner?
I have so much to spare.. and our freezer is full!

What kinda stuff do you indulge in at this time of year?

LLOOOVVEEE
xxx



2 comments:

  1. That soup sounds so good!!!!

    Being an American, I LOVE turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and apple pie. I cannot wait for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love food posts!! And wow, check out that Rocky Road. Amazing. I'm wheat intolerant, so when I go home home (home is London, home home is Yorkshire, it's v confusing) Mum buys me things like gluten free mince pies and only allows me to eat them!! Love mince pies and spiced things (like spiced apple juice).

    ReplyDelete