Wednesday, 10 February 2010

New DIY tote bag: PVC, SLOGANS and SELF INDULGENCE

BONJOUR.

Sorry about the silence. It has purpose this time. All will become clear very soon.

For now though, I thought I would share with you my Wednesday afternoon procrastination project.

Now, I am not usually one for slogans. 
I hopped on the Nu-Rave band wagon when i was 18, and bought a 'Drop beats not bombs' t-shirt in neon pink. I only ever wore it once to a Hadouken gig, and gave up on it soon after (and Nu Rave...).

If i were to wear a slogan these days, it would have to be something self indulgent.

Queue this:

New tote!


"Oh no she diii'n"

I'm not even sure how i pulled the creepy heroin-addict face above.

New bag

Anyway, yes, yes i did. I made a tote with my name on it. Well, not really my name, but my blog name. Is that worse?

What is more.. it wasn't a two minute project. Oh no. That would have left time for uni work. 

I decided to cut the individual letters out of a remnant of PVC fabric my sister used in textiles at school (where she made, without doubt, the most horrendous PVC handbag that has ever existed).

I then fabric glued them onto my tote, and straight stitched the edging of every letter in place.

Painstakingly cool.

New bagaroo

Moving on.

I have something very exciting to share with you tomorrow. For real.

Until then, lets get our social networking on! 
Please feel to use this post to leave your blog addresses, twitter pages, facebook groups, bloglovin pages ANYTHING. I want to get to know you better! 

On a similar note, i have a new email address, so if you want to get in contact/send me abuse, direct it HERE

Until tomorrow... 

LOVE LOVE LOVE
XX

5 comments:

  1. Haha holy shit that is the coolest thing ever! Well done!
    I can't wait to hear your goss... But I'm so nosey I want to know right now.
    Give us a clue!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag!!! You should start selling them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooosh hot bag missy! im eagerly awaiting your newsss! :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of all is the wonderful goodie bag-bag in the background :)
    I love mine, carry it everywhere! And now I know how to hide the logo: will copy you and make nice tote-decor instead!

    can't wait to see what the shop is about, are you launching your own fashion label?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i still have the PVC bag. I bet it'll be in fashion one day. xxx

    ReplyDelete